Year-Round 10-Month Calendar
A.B. Wilkins, Cross Creek, and Cumberland International High Schools Calendar
Cumberland Polytechnic High School 10-Month Calendar
“Hurricane Florence caused our young people to lose some valuable instructional time,” said CCS’ Superintendent Dr. Marvin Connelly, Jr. “As we work daily to raise student achievement, we are committed to making certain that our students get the education they deserve. These make-up days will provide our teachers with additional time to cover essential content with our students.”
Board Approves Getting Employee Supplement in November
The Board unanimously approved waiving a portion of Board Policy 7450 for the 2018-2019 school year, which will allow all eligible employees to receive 40 percent of their End-of-Year local supplement on November 15. To be eligible to receive the remaining portion of the local supplement (60 percent), individuals must be employed at the end of the 10th month, in accordance with Board Policy 7450. “In the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, we know that many of you were impacted in some way due to the enormity of the storm, and some of you are still recovering from the effects of the storm, “ said School Board Chair Carrie Sutton. “As a Board, we are concerned about your well-being and wanted to do our part to provide support to you during this challenging time.” For questions regarding local supplements, including eligibility requirements, contact CCS’ Business Operations Department at 910.678.2360.
School Improvement Plans Get Approved
The Board approved the 2018-2019 School Improvement Plans for all 87 schools in the district. To view the School Improvement Plans, visit individual school Websites.
Football Field at Hope Mills Middle School Gets New Name
Members of the Board approved renaming the Hope Mills Middle School (HMMS) football field after the school’s former football coach, Michael Burks, whose life was lost as the result of a motorcycle accident in November 2016. “… we reflected on the good works of Coach Burks and thought that it would be only fitting that the place that he gave his heart to hundreds, maybe even thousands of young people, be memorialized by renaming our football field to “Michael Burks Field” in his honor,” said HMMS Principal Yolanda Epps.
The school plans to officially name the field on November 1 football game against South View Middle School.