Tech Camp 2018 “The Ultimate Destination”
Published by Laurie Pender on June 27, 2018
.........................................................................................................................................
2018 Tech Camp: The Ultimate DestinationAbout 300 educators throughout the Cumberland County Schools are attending Tech Camp 2018 this week for ‘a trip’ to “The Ultimate Destination!” The technology-driven camp is taking place at Gray’s Creek High School. 

From green-screen technology to Sphero navigation, the Camp content has intrigued many of the Campers. “It gives us [teachers] permission to learn and play without stress,” said Beth Matthews, the media coordinator at Stedman Elementary School. ” We’re the student instead of the teacher. And, we’re getting to learn about all the costs of the pieces and how we can take this back to the classroom for our students.”

For Chloe Coleman, who teaches music at J.W. Coon and Stoney Point elementary schools, the experience has been eye-opening. “I’m loving it! This [technology] is one of my weakest areas. With all of this technology, I want to see how I can incorporate more of it into my classroom. I’m really trying to figure out different ways to make my lessons about music more interesting to the children.”

During the two days of Tech Camp, the educators will get to take advantage of more than 100, one-hour technology sessions led by 36 presenters who are turning the spotlight on innovation and digital teaching in the Cumberland County Schools.